Have you been injured in an accident?

Don’t be a victim twice.

Have you been injured in an accident?

Don’t be a victim twice.

You’ve Been Injured By An Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist. Now What?

It is estimated that as many as one in five motorists on the roads and highways doesn’t carry insurance. When these people are involved in accidents, or in a worse scenario, someone is involved in a hit-and-run case, the situation can be dire; many people wonder if it is possible to recover any damages to help with recovery and bills.

In fact, it is.

Understanding Insurance: Louisiana Vs. Mississippi

Louisiana is a compulsory insurance state, meaning that unless someone explicitly denies coverage, that person carries uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. In this case, you can obtain compensation from your own insurance company with no effect on your own insurance rates.

In Mississippi you may “stack” other policies you have in your household, providing even more coverage. It is important to realize you are not going after any person who sold you the coverage — your agent, for instance.

These policies are pooled, meaning that your rates won’t go up and they won’t affect the livelihood of anyone you know. They exist to protect those injured by underinsured individuals.

That said, the process can be complex and nuanced. If you have been injured by an underinsured or uninsured motorist in the Biloxi and Gulfport area — or in Louisiana — get in touch with a lawyer today.

A Record Of Success

Because I have obtained millions of dollars for clients in more than 20 years of personal injury work as an attorney, I have an intimate understanding of how to leverage and stack policies to help victims recover the maximum compensation possible. I am ready to help you do the same.

I encourage you to get in touch today to protect your rights and begin healing.

Get A Free Consultation

To reach out and schedule a free initial consultation to discuss any personal injury issue, call our Biloxi office at 228-207-2075 or email the firm.